This morning I was having a conversation with someone regarding teachers and we realized that when we were in school the teachers had a special relationship with us as students. My children have gone through twenty six years of school combined, and I can say that there have been only a handful of teachers that have actually stood out as unique.
Nowadays, teachers are at their "job". Teachers unions have made them complacent in their job description. The debate over the teachers situation in our country has grown to record levels. Why? I think it's because our country's education rating in the world has dropped to "average" at best. Several years ago we were number 2 in college graduation and last report put us at 13. Wow! And teachers wonder why they are being scrutinized?
I recognize that being a teacher in today's world is much harder than it was 20 years ago, but all careers have their ups and downs and you can't just expect to continue status quo. Our daughter is very seriously considering becoming a teacher. Probably the most important level of teacher there is; elementary. Where more than just lessons should be learned, but a foundation for all aspects of life instilled.
So I respect both sides of the debate, but what really matters is improving our education of our children to achieve the worldly status that this is nation is so accustomed to. It just doesn't get handed to us on a plate because we are the United States. It must be earned. So whatever the solution might be, let's move forward and give our children an overall education they deserve and need.
Squeezing teachers of this country to better our kids.
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!