Today was my weigh-in day. I have been working at this for about 12 weeks now. At first I dropped chunks of weight at a time. I even dropped 5 pounds in one week. But overall, I've only lost 12 pounds. That's one pound a week! The problem? I'm actually really working at it!
I have never counted calories in my life and about 10 weeks ago I decided to see if that would make a difference. I have been very good about logging everything that I'm eating, which isn't very much. I track about 1200-1300 calories a day. (which is what Dr. Oz recommended for me!) I've been exercising, 4 times a week for about 40 minutes each session. I've been at the same weight now for about 3 weeks.
At this point, the reasoning of, "oh, your gaining muscle now, which is heavier than the fat you are losing", is wearing thin. (No pun intended!)
My clothes are feeling looser and I am more comfortable in them. But I'm about ready to jump off of this "plateau". How long should I give it? Should I just starve myself for a week to see if I can hurtle passed it? Is the enormous amount of stress in my life, keeping me from losing weight?
It's as if my body doesn't want to let go of the weight.
Since I had increased my exercise intensity within the last two weeks, my mood has improved and I definitely feel better about everything. So, I guess I will press on. At least for one more week. There's got to be a down slope coming soon, right?
Squeezing the neck of my treadmill!
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!