Good morning friends. Today I am reminded that high stress levels can create cortisol in your body, which in turn "tells" your body to store fat, usually around the mid section. This is a body's automatic mechanism to protect it from starvation. The only problem is; I'm not starving and I don't need to store fat!
So I've decided that stress reducers are a must. I am on a mission to secure the most creative and unique ones I can find. According to a news report, this is why some of us are "apple" shaped. Too much storage around one's middle.
Movies are great stress relievers; especially those that are comedy. In fact, laughter is a stress reliever in itself. Do you think it is possible to trick the body into being less stressful? My guess is yes. The more laughter, the less stress. Less time to think about your problems. The issue with this is, that just one stressful event during your day, could trigger high levels of cortisol to be release from your adrenal glands.
I was looking at results from a stress test chart for a news reporter on television and saw that only one peak could effect your whole day. So how do we avoid these reactions? Awareness. Not being complacent to what's happening during your day. Being more proactive rather than reactive.
Squeezing stress out of my day, one day at a time.
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!