Today I decided to take celery and carrots for snacks and lunch today. I was doing well until about 11:00 a.m. I was nibbling and snacking very nicely. By 11:30 a.m., all I could think about was eating something more sustainable. Do you think this is a physical reaction or a psychological response?
It is hard for me to say which was more pertinent. My thoughtful yearning for food or my stomach asking for something of substance. I do believe that when I packed the carrots and celery, in the back of my mind, I was already thinking, this is not going to be enough. But I decided to press on and try it anyway. Big mistake!
My stomach is growling now and the carrots and celery are somehow making it worse. Yesterday, I tried a half of a peanut butter sandwich for lunch and believe it or not, it was very satisfying and I didn't think about food all day. Why didn't I bring that today? What was I thinking? (growl, growl, growl!!!) lol
Squeezing through a day of hunger.
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!