Sunday, April 10, 2011

Empty Nest ain't that Bad

Good Sunday to all my fellow squeezers.  This weekend marks the first time, in a long time, that my husband and I have been alone in the house for more than 24 hours.  We were besides ourselves as to how to spend our time.  We decided to play it by ear after a long search of activities on the Internet was not successful. 

It ended up that we just spent the time together; pretty much like any other weekend.  Once your children become teenagers, it seems like they have their own things going on and very rarely are they high maintainance.  Pretty soon our daughter will have her drivers license and then we really won't know what to do.  I spend several afternoons a week, collecting her from some sort of after school activity, so I am used to being "on call".. 

We have missed her this weekend.  She is a free spirit, so she is not as inclined to stay in touch while away.  Even though I asked her to text us, she rarely does.  I know that she is having a great time with her friends.  She is on a class trip with the chorus to DC and Baltimore, Inner Harbor. 

So in closing, I'm not sure there is a way that everyone "feels" when children leave the home.  Of course, 24 hours in not very long, so it may feel differently when it is longer.

Squeezing the hours until our daughter returns.
Peace and love.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squeeze Away!