Recently I decided that I needed to do more to stay "young". So I announced to my family that I would be doing handstands every day. Something very silly, but yet difficult for some. I demonstrated to them that I could still do one. Of course, they had to try themselves. No one could no it.
I have to say that I am a little proud that I can still "hold my own weight". My husband went up, struck the wall with his feet really hard and fell on his head. It was quite the site. My daughter and I could not help laughing.
I am fortunate that I took so many gymnastic classes when I was younger, so it definitely reminds me of my youth. It feels good to be able to still do it. So my goal is to continue for as long as I can. A personal gauge of youth. How old will I be when I can't anymore? I wonder. When I am on my hands, I like to stretch my back out. It feels so good.
Just a new way to squeeze life. Now as far as doing a split. Forget it! My daughter can almost do a full one. I am just not flexible, although I do stretch every day. I don't think I will ever get there!
When the weather gets nicer you may, however, find me doing cartwheels around my house!
Squeezing life on my hands.
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!