Good morning. This morning I was watching television and saw an interview with an actress that used to be on a television show when I was young. Probably about 30-35 years ago. I am fascinated with how some people "take care" of themselves. She looked wonderful!
I would definitely say that she has had multiple surgeries to enhance her face and body. Most obvious is cheek implants that are a little too large, but still look acceptable. She is 77 years old, by the way.
But all the cosmetic surgery in the world will never change one thing.
Our bodies will age. What keeps us alive will eventually wear out. Past our minds capabilities sometimes and well past our vanity. It is such a sad thing. I often look around at other people and try and picture them as children. Laughing, playing and running with their friends. I look at myself in the mirror and feel as though I haven't aged a bit past 18. But then when I compare even my hands against my 16 year old, I see the aging process taking over. I don't feel older, I just look older. No amount of lotion will stop this. Eventually all of our engines will cease. Even if we look like a million bucks. (and some have come close to spending this much!)
Some are blessed with a more graceful aging process than others. I wonder why this is. Nature or nurture? My guess is that it is a little of both. My genes are from European descent, so I feel lucky. My husband's are from Scottish/Irish descent, so I think he is aging a bit faster.
Bring on the vitamins and lotions. No surgeries for us!
Now as far as my nose goes. I wouldn't mind an adjustment or two!
Squeezing the ever aging population.
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!