Shopping for a dance leotard for a teenager isn't very easy. Especially if you look like you should be shopping for a three year old. I guess that's a compliment, but I can't tell you how many times I was told, 'you're shopping for a toddler?' Or 'you want the tiny ones, right?'
One woman, in a large discount chain store, responded when I asked her if they had adult sized dance leotards; "For?" and looked at me like I was asking for myself. She actually raised her eyebrows when I said when I said 'for an adult'. Can't adults buy dance leotards? When I said it was for my daughter, she said, 'oh, you mean for little girls.' I said 'no, it's for my teen daughter'. Still, with a puzzled look on her face, she asked how big my daughter was. I said, 'as big as me'. Again, with the eyebrows. She was working in the adult clothing area. If I was looking for a toddler, I would have been in the children's section of the store.
So, I failed at finding my daughter the dance leotard she needs. About two hours into looking and seven or eight stores later, I gave up. Thinking, I'll just find one on-line. Which I did, in about ten minutes, for much less than I thought I would spend. So all's well that ends well. Just wish I could get that two hours back of my morning.
I have done this several times before, only to find a better deal and better match online. Why don't I learn from my past shopping experiences? I will now try to remember for the future.
Lesson=save time and money. Look on-line first!
Squeezing the internet shopping medium.
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!