Friday, March 25, 2011

Pull the Trigger

Today was the day I decided to start trading stocks.  I have watched carefully a few stocks over several months.  Today, one of those stocks had good news.  It is a fairly inexpensive stock.  I chose to buy 1600 shares, based on the money I had in my account.  I put my order in before the market opened and by the time my stock was purchased, it had already climbed $0.24. 

Oh well, I thought.  I guess that was a mistake.  Another opportunity missed.  I watched the stock for about 45 minutes.  It went up a little more and then started to come down.  I was in a state of panic.  I don't have money to lose in the stock market!  I continued to watch and it began to rise again.  The trading was considered extremely heavy for this little known company.  I decided that I would sell.  It had gone up enough for me to make a small gain.  I was only hoping for a couple hundred dollars for my first attempt anyway.

So I pulled the trigger and sold.  It only took me one hour to complete and in the end, I had earned $550.00.  Not bad for an amateur.  So my experience went well.  I feel more confident and more willing to participate now.  Next time, I may relax and wait longer before jumping.  It was very exciting. 

Squeezing some green out of wall street .
Peace and love.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squeeze Away!