Hello weekend Squeezers! Isn't Saturday such a luscious day? If you are like me and most of all americans, you have today off from work. You can sleep in as long as you want and don't have to worry about anything, except the things in your life that really matter; like your family; your children, husband, friends and all your loved ones.
We were in a store this morning and I heard an older gentlemen telling his adult daughter that he had many plans for today and at the end of his list he said, "and later, we have to go to a party." He said it with little enthusiasm or positive infliction. Would he rather be going to work? I really doubt it. Yet all throughout the morning, we heard people complaining of stuff they had to be doing. Working wasn't even on the list.
I find that the weekends are all people wait for during the week, but when they come, how many people actually enjoy them? We have become a society of chronic complainers.
Tonight we are going to attend our daughter's high school musical, Phantom of the Opera. I have not seen this musical, so I am excited to have an evening out with my family and enjoy. Our daughter has worked very hard and put in much time. We have looked forward to this very much, as I do every weekend. But lately, squeezing every positive moment means so much more.
I don't want to waste precious time with senseless complaining. Time is priceless.
Squeezing time, and especially the weekends, to the fullest.
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!