Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 8

Today I was in the car listening to some terrific music when I found myself singing and dancing.  (Yes, it happens often.)  But today I paused and looked around at all the other cars in my vicinity.  I didn't notice anyone singing or dancing. 

Most people I observed were very stiff, if not mannequin-like.  A couple were on the phone, which I, in turn, yelled, "GET OFF THE PHONE!" through my closed car window.  It was raining.  I would never yell that out the window anyway, otherwise I'd be hanging out the window the entire time I was driving.  I see people on the phone all the time and in our state, it is illegal and dangerous to talk on the phone while driving.

But is it illegal to sing and shimmy a bit?  No, I don't think so.  I wonder why I was the only person.  I wondered if anyone had noticed me.  What would they yell at me; "STOP DANCING AND SINGING"?  I don't know. 

When I do come across a person that is singing and dancing in their car, it always makes me smile.  One time, a few weeks ago, I passed a person that happened to be singing the same song as me.  We must have had the same radio station blaring in our cars.  I smiled as if we had some connection; like we belonged to a secret car dancing and singing club.  They didn't really notice me though. 

I think that I am a very observant person.  Noticing what many would not.  But I'm not sure that I would be a good witness.  My family thinks I would be a great witness, but I've never been in a situation to be one, and I hope that I never have to be. 

So...to all the fellow singing and dancing (or at least wiggling) drivers out there, I say, Rock On!
Squeezing the day to music!
Peace and love, Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squeeze Away!