Good afternoon. Today I am reminded of the good nature of the human race. While there is so much suffering and devastation in Japan following the earthquake, sunami and now nuclear crisis, there are still people that are frantically trying to help each other find loved ones, share space and food with other citizens and even the media.
My question is that why does it take a disaster to achieve this response? Is it that everyone is so wrapped up in their own lives that they just don't have time? If disaster hits, then you have more time to care? I'm not sure what the answer is. Is our society moving so fast that we just don't notice?
I truely think that we have become so self centered, impatient and unintelligent that we don't even know what's going on around us. When was the last time someone held a door for you? Allowed you to turn in front of them at a green light? Noticed that they were standing in your way? We just don't do it anymore. It is very sad to me, as I was raised in a proper household where manners and morals really meant something. A certain pride and poise came with them.
It used to be if someone was rude to you, that it actually stood out like a sore thumb. Now rudeness is just expected and if someone is nice, it seems odd. How backwards is that?
I am proud that my husband holds doors for me. He is a true gentleman. Are there any more out there?
The other day, I saw a couple come out of a convenience store. I'd say they were about 19 or 20. The young man actually opened the car door for her. It made me smile and I'm glad that chivalry is still alive.
Holding the door for all of you! Squeeze the day!
Peace and love, until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!