Hello to all my fellow squeezers. Today I explore the idea of having a pet. Why do people have a pet?
Is it because it's the thing to do in middle class suburbia? I know some people that should not have had children for the same reason. The thing to do? If you just want a pet, or a child for that matter, because your neighbor has one, then DON'T.
I know someone who recently got a puppy. Awe, how cute, a puppy. Well, she, the owner, is miserable now. I'm sure that the puppy isn't too thrilled either. They do not have any children, and both husband and wife work all day. Now why would you get a puppy? Supposedly, he comes home at lunch time to let the puppy out, and then she comes home at 5 to let her out again. Uh, two times out of a crate for a puppy? What's the point. Why didn't you just get a cat, or a fish. The puppy has begun to use the crate as a bathroom.
And on the subjects of crates; what is their purpose? We have always had dogs as pets and I still don't understand what a crate does, other than limit the mobility of the dog. When we wanted to limit the mobility of our dogs, we just used a room with a door or a gate. We never had to worry about the dog destroying anything, because the dogs were used to being "free" in the house. Seems like a common sense, no frill concept to me. Why do you want a dog, if you are going to keep them confined to a crate for 2/3 of their life. Can you say selfish?
What's next? Crates for Kids?
Squeezing life, dogs and kids that are free and super well-behaved because someone took the time to teach them!
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!