Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 13

Good Monday to all squeezers out there.  Yesterday I learned that someone dear to our family has had a setback from cancer treatments that she has been undergoing.  They found a clot that had been causing her to swell profusely.  Good thing they took her to the hospital.  A blood clot is not something that you want to ignore.

Today they will do a procedure to remove, or "implode" the clot to relieve the pressure.  I am amazed that the clot is close to her heart and the they will go in through her leg to treat.  I am sure that she will be under general anesthesia, but it sounds very painful.  So we wait to hear good news! 

Prior to her finding out she had cancer, she was not extremely active.  None to very little exercise, for as long as I have been close to her, which will be 25 years this summer.  I believe that the lack thereof of movement attributed to her possibly being more vulnerable in developing the clot.  I know that she has been immobile for many weeks during her treatment, but could being more active prior had saved her this trouble?  I believe that the more you treat your body like a well oiled machine, the more longevity you will get. 

So the lesson learned from this news of sadness, is keep moving!  Keep your body fueled with the best grade of "gasoline" that you can give it.  Get your "oil changed" regularly and keep it running.  If you just leave it sitting in the driveway, eventually you will just have a heap of problems that will cost you bunches!  You owe it to yourself! 
Squeezing every minute out of life.
Peace and love.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squeeze Away!