Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 10

This morning I saw a dog on the television that could ride a scooter.  Really?  When the dog was introduced on the program, he didn't even notice that other people were around him.  He was only interested in his "trainer" and the treat she was holding behind her back.  He was not social with the reporters or any of the spectators.  Kind of strange, since I think of dogs as being one of the most social animals on earth.  Why does an owner train a dog to ride a scooter?  Maybe to get fifteen minutes of fame?

Why do we have a need for fame?  Verification?  Immortality?  Something to leave behind?  Isn't that why we have family, pictures, videos and the like? 

I have never enjoyed having my picture taken, as my level of confidence is pretty low.  But a couple of years ago, I realized that there was no record of me between 1991 and 2008, except for a few vacation pictures that someone was able to steal of me.  Most of them were not good, because I was caught off guard.  What verification would I be leaving?  Very little.

When I started facebook a couple of years ago, I realized that I wanted to see pictures of all my family, friends and their family members too.  It's a very basic way of "connecting".  Why would anyone want to "connect" with a faceless facebook.  So I got the camera out and began snapping.

Since then I have been more photographed than ever and I actually like the images.  Imagine that!  I now feel like I have something to leave behind for my family and friends, I have carved my immortality and facebook gets much of the credit.  Thanks Mark Zuckerberg.  My family will thank you for years to come!

So for today I am the star of my own life, a super model of my own fashion magazine and a author of my own story...
Squeezing the shutter on the camera!
Peace and love.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squeeze Away!