Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Computer Blues

Today my computer will not cooperate.  Why is it when you want to get to somewhere fast, there is always someone in front of you?  Think about it.  When you are driving somewhere and you are late, why do you end up behind someone who is site-seeing at 25 mph. 

That's how I felt this morning when starting my computer.  It decided to do every update imaginable and then, as not to add insult to injury, it needed to re-start when it was done.  In general, my computer is older to begin with and takes on average 15-20 minutes to start on a good day.  I'm not sure why this is true, but I have tried every clean-up trick in the book to get it to run faster and it won't.  I believe that the anti-virus software that I have is very persnickety and needs to update daily.  When it runs, nothing else can get through.  So today, it took 55 minutes to actually start. 

I tried walking away, because as we all know, a watched phone never rings.  I thought that it would make it work faster.  It didn't.  I tried stretching on the floor next to the desk.  Nothing.  So I had to just wait, helplessly. 

The reason why I was so anxious was that I needed to get to the stock site I have been working on.  Yesterday, I missed several good opportunities because I wasn't sitting at the computer the whole day.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.  Of course, today the stock I am watching is now doing nothing.

Chuckling at myself and squeezing my computer around it's neck.
Peace and love.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squeeze Away!