Two days ago I referenced the fact that our son had lost his phone and how unpleasant it had made the day. Well, the phrase, "Frame every so-called disaster with these words, 'In five years, will this matter?'", resonates loudly today. In fact, it should say, "In two days, will this matter?"
After trying to communicate with him on social media sites and through ipod texting, we decided yesterday that the phone was gone for good and he started researching where he could find a replacement.
Being without a phone, is horrible. It's our lifeline to the rest of the world. Trying to exchange messages in other ways, made me feel handicapped, in a very strange way. Also, the fact that you've lost all your contacts, pictures, music and such from a phone that is so personal to you is devastating. Our son also is very creative and had some original ringtones that he had spent time making. He was very disheartened.
So last night the university calls me and informs me that they have my "daughter's" cell phone. I don't know why they thought it was a girls phone but they must have found "mom" in the contacts and called me. Definitely gives you pause to worry about what's important and what's not. I really had not gotten very upset about the phone and in the end, it was good that I didn't. I am learning that upsetting yourself, over trivial things, is stressful and steals valuable time from living. In the end, the phone is back and all is well.
Squeezing the university with a big hug for their efforts!
Peace and love. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Squeeze Away!